We understand that the appearance of your teeth is important but overall your oral health is MORE important than the way they look. Without good oral health you may not be able to achieve the smile of your dreams.
At Berwick Smile Dental Care we want to create a strong and healthy foundation inside the mouth which you can then maintain yourself. Maintaining the health of your teeth is the most effective way to ensure that you enjoy a beautiful smile for a lifetime.
What you can expect our dentist Indra to do as part of your dental health assessment: She performs a comprehensive assessment of the overall health of your mouth, including each of the following areas:
1. About You – Discussion regarding your wants, needs and dental problems – getting to know you – time to relax and chat.
2. Lifestyle – Discussion surrounding your diet/smoking/alcohol consumption along with your general health and medication.
3 Photographs – Essential for treatment planning and a great communication tool to use with our laboratory when assessing facial shape and symmetry.
3. Tooth Check – A through assessment of the health, function and appearance of your teeth and any existing restorations. During your comprehensive intake assessment we will make a computerised digital model of your teeth.
4. Gum Health – We will carry out an extensive gum assessment to again assess the foundation of your teeth. We may recommend a Hygienist programme after this and/or bespoke homecare products.
5. Bite Records – Looking at and recording how your teeth meet and move across each other – this is important in terms of function of any new restorations we may provide.
6. Jaw Joint – Assessment of external jaw joints – often related to headaches/migraines – closely related to ‘bite’ issues.
7. Internal Soft Tissue – Assessing the health of tongue, cheeks and palate – and Oral Cancer Screening.
8. External Soft Tissue – Assessment of glands around your neck and lips. Noting facial profile and skin shade.
9. Radiographs – Where necessary, we will take x-rays of your teeth so we can assess the health of the foundations of your current smile. We may also decide to take an OPT x-ray, which gives us a great overall view of what’s going on in your mouth as a whole.
For more detailed information or to request an appointment or free consultation, you can call us now on 01289 305205 or email us directly at email@example.com.