Our patients are at the centre of everything we do and everything we do must exceed your expectations.
Below is our commitment to you, our patient:
In our practice:
• We communicate with you in a courteous, friendly, professional manner.
• We will treat you fairly and are committed to act in the best interest of you at all times.
• We engage in active consultation with you so that we fully understand your needs and requirements.
• We make sure that you receive full information about our services, their treatment and its cost.
• We communicate in an open, fair and respectful manner with clear, precise, relevant treatment plans.
• We will explain options, where appropriate, and costs, so that you can make an informed choice.
• We will discuss treatment options with you and listen carefully to what you say.
• We will give you the opportunity to have a discussion and to ask questions.
• We will take your preferences into account and be sensitive to your individual needs and values.
• We will provide you with full “clarity of the treatment proposed” so that you fully understand what you are consenting to.
• We keep you fully informed in a clear and fair manner that is unambiguous and not misleading.
• We will treat you fairly, as an individual and without discrimination.
• We will always explain what we are doing.
• We provide an appropriate level of aftercare.
• We provide advice and treatment outside normal surgery hours where necessary.
• We constantly try to improve the service we offer you.
• We aim to provide dental care of a consistent quality, for all patients.
• We will do all we can to look after your general health. We will ask you about your general health, and about any medicines being taken. This helps us to treat you safely.
• We keep all information about you confidential.
• Infection control is also essential to the safety of our patients. Every practice member receives training in practice systems for Infection control.
• We screen all patients for mouth cancer at routine examinations. We ask patients about tobacco and alcohol use because they increase your oral cancer risk.
• Practice working methods are reviewed regularly at meetings of all staff. We encourage all staff to make suggestions for improving the care we give patients.
• We regularly ask our patients for their views on our services and allow you to write a testimonial on your experience.
• All registered staff in the practice takes part in continuing professional education, meeting the General Dental Council’s requirements, to ensure our staff have the right skills and knowledge to do their jobs effectively. We aim to keep up-to-date with current thinking on all aspects of dentistry.
• All staff joining the practice are given training in practice-wide procedures. Once a year, there is an individual review of training needs for everyone in the practice.
• All members of the practice know of the need to ensure that dentists are working safely. In the unlikely event that a dentist in this practice becomes unfit to practice, we have systems to ensure that concerns are investigated and, if necessary, acted upon.
• We will inform you of any delay in your appointment, we will explain the reasons.
• We will remind you of your appointment by email and by text message.
• We will provide as much notice as possible when appointments have to be changed or cancelled, and explain the reasons.
In return, we ask you to:
• Communicate with us in a courteous, friendly, professional manner.
• Discuss with us what is on your mind and ask any questions that are relevant to you.
• Participate in your dental treatment, particularly with any advice about prevention and diet that we recommend you to continue at home.
• Arrive on time for your appointment and give us at least 48 hours advance notice if you are unable to keep your appointment. Should you fail to attend your appointments without giving us notice, a charge may be payable.
• Advise us of any changes to your contact details (address, telephone numbers, and email) to help us keep our records up to date and ensure we are able to contact you.